Web Soil Survey


I have attached three photos below. The photos from the WSS are where I live. I live in Washington County in Abingdon, VA. I have provided a variety of information and I have created an area of interest by drawing a rectangle around my land (represented in the second photo), which provides a view of the slopes on the land. The data in last photo is from the area of land known as "16C." The data provides information about frequency of flooding, clay and slit percentages, elevation, annual precipitation, etc. 

I found the provided YouTube video to be very helpful; however,  I struggled attempting to upload an AOI from the file and zip imports. This is my first time using WSS so it took me awhile to get the hang of how the site worked and what tools did what. This assignment was useful and I am now aware of how to locate property and asses soil data. I definitely still need more practice with this system, but I now understand the basics and how to operate the site. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog